A distance-learning (taught online) course for beginners, introducing vocabulary, basic language patterns and everyday phrases. The emphasis is on spoken Welsh and using the language in various contexts. Working in groups, in pairs and independently, learners will have plenty of opportunities to practise their Welsh and immerse themselves in the language for 5 hours a day over a three-day period.
- create sentences in the present tense
- use numbers, handling money
- learn days of the week, months of the year, seasons
- asking for things, e.g. in a café, pub or shop
- possession, e.g. I have / I’ve got …
- expand vocabulary and useful phrases
Those who register for this course will also receive 3 online ‘catch-up’ sessions with a tutor as well as an online ‘class reunion’ later in the year!
Suitable for people with some knowledge of the Welsh language, and who can perform some simple tasks like pronounce, count and greet and create simple sentences.
This course is taught in English.