This distance-learning (taught online) course builds on Entry level and is suitable for those who already speak very basic Welsh. The emphasis is on spoken Welsh and using the language in various contexts. Working in groups, in pairs and independently, learners will have plenty of opportunities to practise their Welsh and immerse themselves in the language for 5 hours a day over a three-day period.revise the simple past tense
- discuss consecutive events: before I…, after I…
- learn the imperfect tense
- use prepositions with appropriate verbnouns
- developing pronouns, e.g. I’ve read it; I want to see it
- expand vocabulary and useful phrases
- chat with local residents (online)
- Live Welsh-medium entertainment (online)
Those who register for this course will also receive 3 online ‘catch-up’ sessions with a tutor as well as an online ‘class reunion’ later in the year!
Although this course will be taught in English at first, the language will gradually be replaced by Welsh as the main language of communication.